Up to 30% of Americans suffer from Hay Fever. This number includes up to 40% of children who are affected. Millions of work and school days are missed each year because of allergy and hay fever problems.
Allergies & Hay Fever: Causes and Symptoms
Allergies and hay fever are caused when your body reacts to a certain allergen. Although the allergen may be harmless, your immune system may perceive it to be a threat and attempt to repeatedly attack it. You may be allergic to something year-round like pet dander, dust or perfumes, or possibly something seasonal such as tree pollen, smoke from farmer's burning their fields or freshly cut grass. The term hay fever is not limited to contact with hay. While some people are, in fact, allergic to hay, the term hay fever came when harvesters would develop allergic reactions during crop season. The most common symptoms of allergies and hay fever are:
- Itchy, watery eyes
- Sneezing and clear runny nose
- Nasal congestion (and even sinus congestion)
- Eye irritation
- Excessive tearing in eyes, may even seal eyes shut when sleeping
- Nose bleed
- Loss of smell
The more severe the allergy, the more severe the reactions. The longer the body is suffering from the allergy, the more worn down it can get and possibly lead to serious, long-term health problems.
Side Effects of Allergies & Hay Fever
For minor allergies, the reaction can simply be an inconvenience and make you feel as you do when you have cold. However, for more severe allergies or for people who have weakened immune systems, the side effects can be much more serious.Moderate to Serious Side Effects from Allergies & Hay Fever:
- Anaphylaxis - Most common with drug or food allergies or insect venom
- More Allergies - Having one allergy makes you more prone to developing other allergies
- Asthma - If you don't already have it, you are more likely to develop asthama if you suffer from allergies or hay fever
- Skin, Ear and Lung Infections - You may develop skin rashes, like eczema, or infections of the lungs or ears
Any allergy that is allowed to continue over a long period of time will increase your risk of developing more serious side effects. The longer your immune system tries to fight off a perceived invader, the quicker it can tire and open the door for other illnesses to invade.
Natural Home Remedies and Treatments for Allergies & Hay Fever
Your best bet is to get a handle on the allergies and hay fever and stop your body from attacking what is not a real threat. There are many home remedies as well as natural supplements that you can try. Remember to always consult your medical provider if symptoms worsen or do not improve. If you have trouble breathing or your lips are bluish, seek medical help immediately.
Some natural home remedies and treatments for allergies & hay fever:
- Acupuncture: Using a combination of herbal supplements and stimulating certain points of the body, acupuncture strives to help the body as a whole, to make it strong so it is not affected by any outside stimuli (ie. dust, pollen, pets etc.)
- Dust-free/Pet-free: Depending on your allergy, keep your living area as clean as you can. Use an air filter if you need to. Vacuum often to control dust and pet dander levels, wash bedding often and avoid perfumed detergents and laundry sheets.
- Anti-fragrance: When possible, avoid strong fragrances. Even if you don't always have a reaction to fragrance, during allergy attacks you are more sensitive and anything you can do to help your body be strong will help.
- Consider herbal remedies to help boost the immune system and calm down histamine levels. Your body needs some help to calm down during this time and become less aggravated.
Natural Herbal Remedies to Treat Allergies and Hay Fever
Below are three very important remedies that we have tested and received countless testimonials from our customers. Some customers took them individually, while others took a combination, if not all three, of them! Allergy suffers included seasonal suffers and chronic long-term suffers who suffered anywhere from 1-5 years from their allergies.
Best of all, these natural remedies are safe, non-addictive and won't make your drowsy, like other drugs will.
Supports normal levels of histamine, maintains clear eyes and nose. Promotes good respiratory health and gives fast, on the spot, relief to allergy and hay fever symptoms.
Safe for Adults & Children!
Designed to address the stuffy feeling from pollen allergies without any harmful side effects. Aims to relieve coughing and wheezing and promote good respiratory health. Safe for adults & children and during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Soothes mucus membranes and promotes clear eyes, nose, sinus and chest. Supports long-term repiratory health and skin integrity. Fast acting and designed to work as an overall immune system support builder. Safe for kids & adults 6 years old and up.See our Three Natural Remedies here:
At Natural e GREEN
we could just say - shop only with us! But we are practical and know that sometimes you are out of something and need it right now - therefore you have to go to your local store. If you have a health store or specialty store, check them out. But keep in mind, even health stores carry products that don't fit the 100% non-toxic criteria. Tom's of Maine toothpaste, for example, is sold in many health stores but contains SLS.
Find the stores you trust and stick with them! Natural e GREEN is growing due to customer demand and we plan on eventually offering such a wide selection that you won't have to shop anywhere else! The beauty with out store is we've done the research and stick to our commitment to provide you non-toxic products at the best prices we can!